Life lately: busy! In the last four weeks, we've been working a lot and sleeping only a little.
On the home front:
- The wallpaper on our main level now lives in the garbage pile with all the old carpet. Hooray!
- The walls have been patched and sanded.
- The closet in our master bedroom has been opened way up, framed in, drywalled, mudded, and sanded.
- Shayne mapped out a big change to the electrical in our bedroom, which involved making two switched plugs constant, installing boxes for wall sconces above our bed (with a dimming light switch!), wiring up the closet so that a light comes on when you open the doors, and adding ceiling lights - which were not popular in the 1970s, apparently.
- He also installed ceiling lights in our living room. These weren't nearly as much work as in the bedroom as he had already figured out what to do & how to do it by that point.
- This week, we're planning to clean, seal, prime, and paint our bedroom!
On the wedding front:
- We're down to less than 90 days til I'm his Mrs.! :)
- We made and mailed our wedding invitations! I have a handful that still need to be delivered, but all those requiring postage were mailed before Canada Post hiked the rates on March 31st. We've even received several RSVPs already.
- I picked up my dress from the bridal shop. There are a few alterations to be done, but it fits so well and I'm very excited.
- I signed the contract for the reception hall.
- I ordered a photo guest book for our ceremony & reception from Picaboo and it turned out really cute!
- I have started having stressed out wedding nightmares! One was a dress disaster, and another had to do with the wedding ceremony.
- We booked our honeymoon!!!
On the life front:
- I've hardly had two minutes to think about doing anything crafty so there's nothing to report there.
- I did manage to catch up on my laundry for about a day.
- My wisdom teeth came out on Friday, and I've had a relatively easy recovery, for which I am thankful!
- Shayne & I have a date scheduled for this weekend. We're celebrating 2 years together!
PS: like the face lift?